How to upgrade to Firmware 12
Posted by Uzair A., Last modified by Uzair A. on 20 May 2021 12:10
This article contains Firmware 12 upgrade instructions for the NTS-6001 only.
Please note: It is not possible to upgrade from Version 8 or below to Version 12.
If you are able to access the web interface, you can follow option (A).
Upgrading from Firmware Version 11 or 12
1. Log into the Web Interface and navigate to Administration. Select Backup.
2. Click Create Backup and download the backup file to your computer.
3. Download the firmware file from here.
4. From the Web Interface, select Administration from the navigation menu on the left.
5. Select Firmware Update and select the upgrade file.
6. Click the Update button.
The device will now perform the upgrade. Please allow 1 minute for the device to upgrade.
Upgrading from Firmware Version 10
Note: Firmware version 10 does not have configuration backup and restore functionality in the web interface.
1. Download the firmware file from here.
2. Log in to the web interface and navigate to Upgrade System from the navigation menu on the left.
3. Click Browse and select the upgrade file. Now click Upload.
The upgrade process will be initiated. Your login credentials will be reset to the following:
Please note: While it is not possible to
To verify the upgrade was successful, click Software Versions under the Administration tab in the web interface. Under Operating System, confirm 4.14.103-Galleon-NTS-6001.V12 - #4 is displayed.
For Release Notes, please click here
Note: Firmware version 10 and below does not have configuration backup and restore functionality.
This method is for users who are unable to access the web interface due to an SSL error. This method is effective on firmware version 9 and 10 only.
This tool requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 which can be downloaded here.
1. Download 'FWUpdater' here and save it to your computer. Extract FWUpdater to the Desktop.
2. Run FWUpdater. FWUpdater will automatically download the latest firmware. Once the firmware file has been downloaded, you will be prompted to enter the IP. Enter the IP of the device you want to upgrade.
3. You will be prompted to enter the password for the web interface. The default password is: 'password' without quotes. After entering the web interface password for your device, FWUpdater will attempt the upgrade. If the upgrade is
To verify your current firmware version, click Software Versions under the Administration tab in the web interface. Under Operating System, confirm 4.14.103-Galleon-NTS-6001.V12 - #4 is displayed.
For Release Notes, please click here.